httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hemant Chaudhary <hemantdude.chaudh...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 architecture
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:45:15 GMT
Hi All,

While Debugging apache, I encountered with following questions. I am unable
to get answers for the following questions, please help to answer them.

Q1. Startup process is reading configuration two times and creating
conftree. Why do we need to read configuration script twice? Is there any
difference in conftree after first and second read of configuration script.

Q2.  When we start apache, it starts with startup process and then it
detaches and starts Master/Parent Process. After that Master Process take
control and spawn child processes. Why do we need to detach startup process
and start Master Process ?

Q3. If I will start my server in debug mode i:e with -X option then what of
the apache functionality will I loose other than child spawn ?

Thanks
Hemant