httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problems benchmarking php-fpm/proxy_fcgi with h2load
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:47:26 GMT
Hej Hajo,

do you have the same effect with less connections? e.g.

> h2load  -n100000 -c10 -m10 https://example.com/phpinfo.php

and, as Daniel just wrote, do you have similar problems when serving static files?

(just to track down where to look)

-Stefan

> Am 19.01.2018 um 12:38 schrieb Hajo Locke <Hajo.Locke@gmx.de>:
>
> Hello list,
>
> i do some http/2 benchmarks on my machine and have problems to finish at least one test.
>
> System is Ubuntu16.04, libnghttp2-14 1.7.1, Apache 2.4.29, mpm_event
>
> I start h2load with standard-params:
>
> h2load  -n100000 -c100 -m10 https://example.com/phpinfo.php
>
> first steps are really quick and i can see a progress to 50-70%. but after that requests
by h2load to server decrease dramatically.
> it seems that h2load ist stopping requests to server, but i dont see any reason for that
on serverside. i can start a 2nd h2load and this is starting furious again, while the first
one stucks with no progress, so i can't believe there is a serverproblem.

> all serverconfigs are really high, to avoid any kind of bottleneck.
>
> /etc/apache2/conf.d/limits.conf
> StartServers          10
> MaxClients          500
> MinSpareThreads      450
> MaxSpareThreads      500
> ThreadsPerChild      150
> MaxRequestsPerChild   0
> Serverlimit 500
>
> my test-vhost just has some default values like servername, docroot etc. additional there
is the proxy_fcgi config
> <Proxy "unix:/dev/shm/php70fpm.sock|fcgi://php70fpm/">
>     ProxySet enablereuse=on flushpackets=On timeout=3600 max=1500
> </Proxy>
> <FilesMatch \.php$|\.php70$>
>    SetHandler "proxy:fcgi://php70fpm/"
> </FilesMatch>
>
> fpm-config also has high limits to serve every incoming connection:
> request_terminate_timeout = 7200
> security.limit_extensions = no
> listen = /dev/shm/php70fpm.sock
> listen.owner = myuser
> listen.group = mygroup
> listen.mode = 0660
> user = myuser
> group = mygroup
> pm = ondemand
> pm.max_children = 500
> pm.max_requests = 2000
> catch_workers_output = yes
>
> Currently i have no explanation for this. a really fast start and then decreasing to
low-activity.  but i cant see that limits are reached or processes not respond.
> Possible to have a problem in h2load or a hidden problem in my configuration? Is there
an other recommend way to do a h2-speedbenchmarking?

> before using proxy_fcgi i used the classical mod_fastcgi with fastcgiexternalserver and
did not have this kind of problems. with mod_fastcgi the test could complete.