httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Lance" <la...@illinois.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 worker mpm memory climbing no new processes
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 17:28:19 GMT
Apache 2.4
Worker MPM

I am using this configuration for Worker MPM:

<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
ServerLimit         90
StartServers        10
MaxRequestWorkers  2048
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
</IfModule>

Apache has created 12 processes.  Apaches memory consumption slowly increases but never goes
down.  Currently Apache is using 423M and the average Process size is 35.3M.  When I look
at the Apache access log I see an enormous number of requests coming across my terminal.
Should I change my settings?  I am concerned that at some point I am going to run out of memory.

Since I started writing this email Apache is now up to 426M and the average process size is
at 35.5M.

Thanks,

Lance