httpd-users mailing list archives

From kiran kumar <kiranchoudar...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache ReverseProxy for JavaWebStart Application.
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2018 22:41:34 GMT
Hi,
I have java web start application running in my Jboss Application server.
I have configured the reverse proxy configuration for my JavaWeb start application as shown
below. <VirtualHost *:85>
Servername public.example.com
ProxyRequests Off

ProxyPass                 “/ServicesWeb”      “http://localhost:8080/ServicesWeb”
ProxyPassReverse “/ServicesWeb”      “http://localhost:8080/ServicesWeb”
</VirtualHost>

I see that my web start application is not getting proxied and the JNLP file launched the
application using my application server host name and port. But the other web applications
which are running in the same Jboss application server JVM instance are getting proxied and
the urls are always the apache urls.
How should i achieve to make it reverse proxied to the apache for my java web start application.
? I heard that there is a directive called ProxyPreserveHost to be turned ON will help the
Java web start application to proxy, but there are issues with this where if there are any
ReverseProxy configurations for third party applications in the same VirtualHost, those applications
are not getting proxied and giving 404 errors.
Please provide the details how i could achieve.
ThanksKiran