httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marat Khalili <...@rqc.ru>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Best practice for restricting access to exact IP addresses
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 10:42:55 GMT
> I added these lines inside the <VirtualHost *:443> block:
>
> <Directory /var/www/html/graphs>
> 	Require ip 192.168.40.80
> </Directory>
>
> But a test revealed I was able to wget graphs/test.html on a different
> machine (192.168.40.81).
>
> I've only read the documentation.  Practically every non-Apache website
> still uses Order-Allow-Deny methodologies, so it's still not clear how
> this is actually done in practice.  Why did this not work?
Most likely it is overridden by other Directory or Location or some
other kind of block somewhere in your configuration. Try to replace
<Directory /var/www/html/graphs> with <Location /graphs> to be closer to
the end of pipeline as described here:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/sections.html#merging

--

With Best Regards,