httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richards, Toby" <toby.richa...@slo.courts.ca.gov>
Subject [users@httpd] MOD_WCGI
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 19:49:13 GMT
We used to have a fantastic webdev who has even contributed code to the Apache project. He
retired years and years ago, and we didn't replace him. One of our intranet servers is Windows
2003, which cannot join a 2016 domain which we are upgrading to soon.

This guy would keep everything in two folders: C:\webdata for the site, and C:\webservices
for Apache (2.2) and PHP (5.3.10), etc. Now, since this server is 32 bit I have had to attempt
this on Windows 10x32 since I don't think that I'd be able to replicate his work. Also, I
couldn't find a 64 bit version, and the 32 bit one won't run on a 64 bit server. What I did
was simply copy the two folders above to the new computer. I think this should be fine because
I doubt registry entries are involved.

When I try to start httpd.exe it complains that it cannot load mod_wscgi.so, and quits. From
what I've read on Google, this module requires Python. I installed Python 2.7.3. That didn't
fix the problem.
What should I try next? Do I need to tell Apache where python.exe is? I couldn't find anything
in httpd.conf or php.ini for that.

Respectfully Submitted,
R. Toby Richards, Network Administrator
Superior Court of California in and for the County of San Luis Obispo
(805) 781-4150