httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rose, John B" <jbr...@utk.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] yum update puts back removed Apache modules
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 21:40:39 GMT
Thanks  John

On 11/10/17, 4:38 PM, "John Iliffe" <john.iliffe@iliffe.ca> wrote:

    yum doesn't know when you install a programme by compiling it that it is
    there unless you update the package history database, so it goes by it's
    previous record (the apache version that you superseded).

    There is a yum option to exclude specific packages from a yum update.  I
    seem to recall that it is --exclude <package> but you can find it in the man
    file.

    The newer version of yum, dnf, is a bit more flexible if you have the option
    to update, and the command for dnf is -x <package name>

    Regards,

    John