httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Reverse Proxy and NTLM Authentication Help!
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 18:04:39 GMT
On Thu, 2017-11-09 at 10:24 -0700, Deanna Stevenson wrote:

> The traffic seems to be proxied right as I get the authentication
> popup window, but the window keeps popping up even after supplying
> correct credentials.

That's the backend that's authenticating, right?  What does its
log say?  Do you need proxy-chain-auth?

> After researching it turned out to be related with maintaining
> persistent connections. So, I added "KeepAlive On" to the virtual
> hosts config file, but this doesn't seem to have helped.

That doesn't look right.  Tying authentication to a connection
would be a complete violation of HTTP, and prevent it working
in pretty-much any situation with a general-purpose browser.

--
Nick Kew