httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dempsey, Richard C" <richard.demp...@kodak.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Undefined Symbol Prevents mod_proxy.so from Loading
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2017 20:25:31 GMT
After burrowing through the build process with no luck, I found that the error was in the customized
apachectl files, which had a version string hard coded.

Regards,

Rich

Rich Dempsey
eBusiness Analyst
WWIS CRM & Logistics
Eastman Kodak Company

richard.dempsey@kodak.com
t +1.585.724.3930
www.kodak.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Kew [mailto:niq@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 5:35 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Undefined Symbol Prevents mod_proxy.so from Loading

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Kodak. Do not click links or open attachments
unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

On Fri, 2017-10-20 at 19:04 +0000, Dempsey, Richard C wrote:
> My searches for ap_check_pipeline, both online and in the source, tell me that it's declared
in ./httpd-2.4.28/modules/http/http_request.c, but little else. Certainly, there is nothing
about issues from the symbol being undefined. In the output from configure and make, I see
that http_request.c is compiled.

You've tracked it down right there in http_request.c.
You appear to be mixing versions: new mod_proxy with an older core.
Something to look at in your build/install process there, perhaps!

p.s. if you're updating, you might want the new 2.4.29.

--
Nick Kew