httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Philip Baker <darryl.ba...@northwestern.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Validating Redirect Targets
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2017 16:58:46 GMT
Posting email list is dedicated to the use and usually the syntax of Apache configurations
so my question may be off topic. If so please direct me to the correct place.

I have inherited an Apache configuration that has grown organically over more than a decade.
I know there are redirects and rewrite rules which are now pointing to invalid URLs. My problem
is in this very large collection of virtual hosts how can I efficiently identify the dead
ends so I can removed them.

Rather than reinventing the wheel, or in this case the program or script, I thought I would
ask here if anyone has ever automated this kind of validation testing and would they be willing
to share?

Darryl Baker
Sr. System Administrator
Distributed Application Platform Services
Northwestern University
darryl.baker@northwestern.edu<mailto:darryl.baker@northwestern.edu>