httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Increasing packet size to 64 KB on mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:46:47 GMT
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:54 AM, DhilliPrasad Nellepalli
<ndhilliprasad@gmail.com> wrote:

> We don't use the ssl from apache to netty. One thing I have notice was
> expect:100-Continue header in the request to apache.

That's the request (of the Apache proxy) to the backend, right?

If so...

> Not sure if except
> header has anything to do with the fragmentation to send the headers first
> and wait for response and then send the body.

.. clearly, the proxy has to wait for an "ack" (HTTP/1.1 100 Continue)
from the backend to send further data (after the header), that's how
100-continue works.

But if "Expect: 100-continue" is sent by the proxy it means that you
confifured it (i.e. ProxyPass ... ping=... ).
Is it the case?

Regards,
Yann.