httpd-users mailing list archives

From Galen Johnson <solita...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_authz_core and http response 451
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 20:02:33 GMT
Hello,

I've googled a bit and I can't find a way to handle this without using a
rewrite rule.

I'm setting up a rule using mod_geoip to block embargoed countries.  I set
up the config as follows:

    <Location />
      # Blocking a client based on country
      SetEnvIf GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE CU BlockCountry
      SetEnvIf GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE IR BlockCountry
      SetEnvIf GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE KP BlockCountry
      SetEnvIf GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE SY BlockCountry

      <RequireAll>
        Require all granted
        <RequireNone>
          Require env BlockCountry
        </RequireNone>
      </RequireAll>
    </Location>

This works but returns a 403.  I'd like for it to return a 451.  Is this
possible?  Or am I going to have to stick with using a rewrite rule
(without the require block)?

    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteCond %{ENV:GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE} ^(CU|IR|KP|SY)$
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://example.com/$1 [NE,R=451,L]
    </IfModule>

If there is a preferred way to handle this, I'd be interested in that as
well.

thanks

=G=