httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Restart Failure
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2017 23:36:44 GMT
On Sun, 2017-09-03 at 22:44 +0000, Murray Hills wrote:
> Thanks so much Eric for your suggestion which seems to have fixed the problem.
>
> The reason I deleted the /var/log/apache2/ was because my Inodes were full and somebody
suggested I do it. I see now it was a bad idea.

Your inodes were full???

If by that you mean you previously had an error about a full filesystem,
it could be that you have old shm segments lying around.  Your apache
server could leave them if it crashed or is killed (as opposed to an
orderly shutdown or restart), or due to a third-party module.

Check that using ipcs.

--
Nick Kew