httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] MPM_Worker main process
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 07:13:57 GMT
Hi Hemant,

> Hi folks,
>
> I have my apache-2.4.25 with worker mpm. For testing, I have killed the
> master/main process and send simultaneous requests from apache j-meter and
> my apache serves all the requests. What I have observed is that  even with
> loads number of  worker threads are same, it means I lost  forking
> capability because of main process.
>
> My query is without Master process, what functionalities will I loose?

afaik anything that requires the master process (graceful reload, restart,
spawn of new processes due to MaxRequestPerChild reached, etc..) will not
work anymore. I'd strongly suggest not to play with the master process or
attempt to get rid of it for some reason, but I am not sure what is the
goal of your test :)

Luca