httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marat Khalili <...@rqc.ru>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permission to enable CGI Scripts to do an I/O on the file system
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2017 05:59:29 GMT
You didn't specify system, so I assume it's a standard Linux
installation. CGI scripts by default run with permissions of the web
server, which are intentionally limited. However, you can create new
files and directories in /tmp, possibly using tempfile module. If you
want more than just a temporary file then you should consider using
database since writing arbitrary files from CGI scripts would otherwise
cause concurrency and security problems.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili