httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gustau Perez <gustau.pe...@marfeel.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ProxyPass, root "/" directory and DirectoryIndex
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 08:34:44 GMT

   Hi,

   During the setup of an Apache (2.4.18) proxy pass, I noticed that when requesting the root
“/“, Apache assumes that the resource asked is /index.html. In our test environment the
machine beg the proxy by default serves index.php I found out the way to change is by tweaking
the DirectoryIndex on the proxy pass.

   However, we’d like to tell the proxy to simply forward the request to the machine behind
it as is, that is, if requested “/“ pass that to the machine behind.

   Am I missing something? How can I accomplish that?

   Best,

   Gus

——————

Marfeel Solutions S.L.
Avda. Josep Tarradellas 20-30, 6th Floor,
08029 Barcelona, Spain

ES: (+34) 93 178 59 50 ext128
US: (+1) 917-341-2540 ext128
UK:  (+44) 207-048-37-28 ext128