httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt Holdsworth <matt.holdswo...@boots.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to benchmark ChaCha20-Poly1305 capable websites using Apache Benchmark (ab) tool?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2017 08:31:20 GMT
I finally muddled my way through building the latest httpd trunk code (I couldn't work out
if/how it's possible to just build ab without the rest of httpd), so now have a version of
'ab' which supports testing of ChaCha20-Poly1305. :)

In case it's useful to anybody else, here are the steps I used:

# apply any updates and install pre-requisites
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install libapr1 libapr1-dev libaprutil1 libaprutil1-dev libpcre3 libpcre3-dev
subversion autoconf libtool libtool-bin

# move to home folder and create a folder where to build into
cd ~
mkdir httpd-install

# get the latest source and unzip it (to ~/httpd-trunk)
wget https://github.com/apache/httpd/archive/trunk.zip
unzip trunk.zip
cd httpd-trunk

# get the latest APR source and put it in '[httpd source root]/srclib/apr' (required for the
build)
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/apr/trunk srclib/apr

# configure the things
chmod +x buildconf
./buildconf
./configure --prefix=/home/pi/httpd-install/ --with-included-apr

# make and install
make
make install

# create a symlink to our bleeding-edge version of ab, so we can just call it using 'ab'
sudo ln -s /home/pi/httpd-latest-install/bin/ab /usr/bin/ab

Boots UK Limited, Registered 928555, Nottingham NG2 3AA This e-mail (including any attachments)
is confidential. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you are
not the intended recipient you should not copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its
contents to any other person. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
and remove it from your system. We cannot accept liability for any damage you incur as a result
of virus infection.