httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ray Navarette <ray.navare...@pb.com>
Subject [users@httpd] WebSockets support in transparent proxy
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2017 03:27:14 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if I've completely missed this but I'm hoping maybe someone can help with what I hoped
would be a simple setup.  I'm setting up a proxy server on an edge node of a private network
in order to expose a number of internal services within the private side to the public side
through the proxy.  This method works well for most traffic.  Unfortunately, a number of requests
are initiating websocket connections using the upgrade method.  Is there any way that I can
easily get these forwarded properly and respond to the client in a generic (not having to
map every possible server) way?  I've seen some things for reverse proxy, but not forward.
 Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray