httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hajo Locke <Hajo.Lo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache HTTP Server 2.4.27 Released
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 14:43:54 GMT
Hello,

Am 11.07.2017 um 16:08 schrieb David Copeland:
> On 11/07/17 09:58 AM, Eric Covener wrote:
>>> I'm wondering what the reason for this is?
>> In the previous release, HTTP2 made prefork run multi-threaded. People
>> often chose prefork due to non-threadsafe code running in the server.
>>

> Right, understood.
>
> Just looking at the HTTP/2 HowTo
> (https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/howto/http2.html). It suggests
> setting H2MiniWorkers will make it possible anyway if one wishes to take
> the risk and try it. Is this not correct?
>
> Thanks.

this was answer to my question? I think i will try it, if H2MiniWorkers
will restore old behaviour. We use mod_php+http/2 on a lot of
productionservers. May be there is better performance with other mpm,
but we never noticed serious problems.
We also use php-fpm, which basically runs with worker etc. but mod_php
has bigger range of functions and we cant replace it the easy way.

Thanks,
Hajo