httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Redirect
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2017 14:43:01 GMT
On Sat, 2017-07-08 at 08:35 -0500, Blake McBride wrote:
> When, through my browser, I go to abc.com,

Probably what Eric said.  But is there history to this?
As in, trying different variants on your configuration?

If you have previously had a permanent (301) redirect
from abc.com, then what you see is likely to be your
browser (rightly) remembering it.

Solution: use a lower-level tool than a general-purpose
browser when testing any aspect of your server setup.
A commandline browser like lynx, or a tool like curl.

(There are also web developer toolkits for Big Browsers.
They would also do the job, but give you more scope for
getting confused and messing it up).