httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Brown <br...@mrvideo.vidiot.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] img files not displaying
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:58:01 GMT
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 04:50:04PM -0400, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 4:49 PM, John Heinze
> <shelbysalpha@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> > Any sugguestions?
>
> What does the error_log say?  Do you use selinux?

That is what I was going to ask, i.e., selinux.  As nice as it is supposed to
be, it is a RPITA when it come to http usage.  New files placed into a
http directory is supposed to pick up the correct selinux classification,
which can be seen with the ls -C option.  I'll bet the file doesn't match
the others.

I ultimately reconfigured selinux to be in Permissive mode.  You can
temporarily set it with setenforce.  Then you can see if you can now get
at the file.

I know, one should not put selinux in permissive mode.  But, I'll be damned
if I am going to change the damn selinux flags on every new file that I
place there.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com | vidiot@vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII