httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Cruz" <car...@nbtbizcapital.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL virtual Hosts
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 18:55:22 GMT
Hi Yehuda;

I know for sure it’s reading the non ssl configuration files, because all they do is forward
to the SSL URL and that works and it’s reading the ssl.conf file that I just append the
virtual host definition at the end of the file.

I’m going to try your suggestions see what I get… thanks for the suggestions!

Carlos

From: Yehuda Katz [mailto:yehuda@ymkatz.net]
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 2:46 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] SSL virtual Hosts

Are any errors shown in the httpd logs?

Is httpd actually reading the files you create in the conf.d directory? I sometimes check
that by putting gibberish in the config file and then running `httpd -t` to test the configuration.

What is the actual Include directive in httpd.conf that includes the conf.d files? Does it
require the filenames end with `.conf`?

Does httpd have permission to read the new config files? Do you have selinux on and is it
logging anything?

You can always run `httpd -S` to see what virtual hosts httpd found and where they are in
the config.

- Y

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Carlos Cruz <carlos@nbtbizcapital.com <mailto:carlos@nbtbizcapital.com>
> wrote:

I hope for my first question my questions isn’t too stupid but I haven’t been able to
figured out my problem. My problem is I have  about 10 virtual domains under the conf.d (Centos
6) directory with Apache HTTPD 2.2. SSL (only) virtual hosts don’t work if I used individual
configuration files to define the virtual hosts. But all works as I understand it should work
if I put all my SSL virtual hosts in 1 ssl.conf file in the same conf.d directory. can anyone
tell me, or point me to the info, why multiple configuration files are not working for my
SSL virtual hosts.

1 domain uses a wild card certificate

The other domains use basic single domain certificates.

Thx!

Carlos