httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Cauhape <jpcauh...@nvdetr.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Looking for direction: porting server from Apache 2.2.2 to 2.4.6 - ProxyHTMLURLMap ?
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 18:05:33 GMT
I don’t think I’m a stupid person, nor do I think I am blind, but
I am unable to find the location at the apache.org site where I
can down load the source code for modules, such as mod_proxy_html.

The only download location I see is for either downloading
Apache itself (done that, and have built it), or for 2 or 3 particular
modules (mod_fcgid, mod_ftp).

When I look at the source distribution for Apache 2.4.25, I do
find some files for mod_proxy_html, but they are for a Windows build.

I went to the webthing site, and they suggest getting the code from
apache.org as it’s more up to date. Arrrrrggggg…..

If someone could throw me a clue as to HOW to find the source
for the modules that are supposed to be supported, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

From: Luca Toscano [mailto:toscano.luca@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 1:10 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Looking for direction: porting server from Apache 2.2.2 to 2.4.6
- ProxyHTMLURLMap ?

Hi Jeff,

Hi,

I’ve been given the task of moving a website from Apache 2.2.2 on Solaris to Apache 2.4.6
on Linux.

So far, so good, but I’m running into a ‘syntax’ error when a config file uses the ProxyHTMLURLMap
function. Apache 2.4.6 does not recognize this, and I don’t have the module (proxy_html_module
/
mod_proxy_html.so) required to support it.

So… should I substitute calls to ProxyHTMLURLMap to some other function in 2.4.6 (if so
which),
or if not, where can I get the compiled function or source code?  From my take on the doc,
proxy_html_module
is supposed to be available, but is not included. It would be handy to know where I can get
the source
and compile my own, if that’s the way to go.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions,

mod_proxy_html is included in the official httpd release so you can easily find it in https://httpd.apache.org.
I think that your distribution might offer it under a separate package, but it is difficult
to say without more info.

Hope that helps!

Luca