httpd-users mailing list archives

From fedora <fed...@ayni.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi script error output logging
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 04:54:59 GMT
Hi Sandro

are you using php-fpm as a cgi frontend? If yes: the stdout and stderr
are both redirectet to the php-fpm log (/var/log/php-fpm/*) if you have
in /etc/php-fpm/www.conf:

catch_workers_output = yes

I don't think this will solve all your problems, but it is a good
starting point.

suomi

On 05/10/2017 03:59 PM, KASPAR Sandro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> According to this documentation http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/logs.html everything
a cgi script sends to stderr is written to the apache  error log file.

> Unfortunately I can not control those scripts running on my server and often garbage
is sent to stderr and then written to my error log. Because there isn't even a timestamp or
any other useful information on those lines, I can't find out, which vhost created  the error.
In addition those log lines often lack a "new line" at the end, and it the next log message
gets appended to the current line instead of being written to a new line. Because of this,
the next line which would have been in the correct format is also lost, because it can't be
parsed automatically anymore.

> Is there any way to change this behaviour? What I would like to achieve is to have the
cgi errors in a seperate logfile or even better change the log format of these lines. For
example prefix the log line with the vhost and a timestamp.
> Because I don't have control over the cgi scripts, I would need to configure this in
apaches main or vhost configuration. Unfortunately I could not find anything about cgi script
output logging in the apache documentation (except that everything sent to  stderr is written
to httpd-error.log) or mailing list archives.