httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luca Toscano <toscano.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reg: Custom error message at Apache 2.4.25
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2017 16:19:36 GMT
Hi!

As Nick mentioned there are a couple of options:

1) https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_substitute.html or
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_proxy_html.html in case you
want to replace some parts of the response coming from the backend with
your content.

2) Write your own content output filter to modify the backend response as
you wish before flushing it out to the client. I'd suggest to follow
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_lua.html#modifying_buckets if you
want to attempt this road since using Lua instead of C is generally easier
for people not used to write Apache code.

My personal suggestion is to not use any of the above but to re-think about
why you want to force the proxy to do this work. A proxy should be as
lightweight as possible and ideally should mask backend failures with
pre-defined error pages.

Hope that helps!

Luca