httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Moskowitz <...@htt-consult.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with rewriterule
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2017 20:57:11 GMT
Hello,

This is for Apache 2.4 on Centos7.  I am migrating from Apache 2.2 on
Centos6.

I want to support redirecting all webmail queries to https.  for either
queries to:

webmail.foo.com or foo.com/webmail

My old rules were:

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName webmail.htt-consult.com
     ServerAlias webmail
     RewriteEngine On
         RewriteCond  %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
         RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]
         ExpiresDefault "access plus 10 years"
         AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
     php_admin_flag session.cookie_secure "1"
</VirtualHost>

This SEEMED to only work for the webmail virtual host, and not others on
this server.  When I used this rule set on the new server, it clearly
was redirecting all web accesses to https.  So I tried to write a more
restrictive rule, trying to follow instructions from

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/rewrite/intro.html

It would seem the rule:

         RewriteRule ^.*webmail https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]

Should work, but the test site I tried:

http://martinmelin.se/rewrite-rule-tester/

Did not show this did the rewrite to https.  Also how to direct
Webmail.foo.com to https://webmail.foo.com?

Thank you