httpd-users mailing list archives

From Milind Vaidya <kava...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] external log reader not getting restarted every hour
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 21:30:47 GMT
I have following setting in my *httpd.conf*

*ErrorL**og* *"| /usr/bin/tee -a /var/log/httpd/error_log |  java program
reading msgs from stdinput"*

The error_log file gets rotated using logrotate every hour.

The java program has following statement

*while** ((msg = **this**.stdinReader.readLine()) != **null**) {*

*}*

This essentially reads the lines till EOF is encountered.  After this I
close all the resources and the main method ends.

Earlier I was NOT ending the program when EOF was encountered. So apache
used to start new process every hour keeping old one intact. But this
stopped happening when the logic to terminate program was added when EOF is
encountered.

But now this does not seem to work with everything else remaining same. Now
the same process keeps on running for days together which is little
worrisome as does not look like the normal behaviour.

What are my debugging options here.