httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rose, John B" <jbr...@utk.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ServerAlias limit and conflicts?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:00:00 GMT
Thanks for replying, regarding question 1 let me reword the question …

In one virtual host block could you have hundreds of ServerAlias lines with no negative impact.

As in …

ServerName abc.com
ServerAlias one.abc.com
ServerAlias two.abc.com
ServerAlias three.abc.com
…
ServerAlias fourhundred.abc.com

Thanks

From: Mitchell Krog Photography <mitchellkrog@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, March 17, 2017 at 2:27 AM
To: John Rose <jbrose@utk.edu>, "users@httpd.apache.org" <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] ServerAlias limit and conflicts?

1. I have always stuck to one ServerAlias line but for fun I tested this config this morning
and it works just fine

    ServerName centos.local
    ServerAlias centos2.local centos3.local
    ServerAlias centos4.local
    ServerAlias centos5.local centos6.local centos7.local

2. Not that I am aware of, I have had Apache hosts in the past with well over 200 domains
on a ServerAlias line

3. No tested that for you too got … [warn] _default_ VirtualHost overlap on port 80, the
first has precedence