httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Abernathy, Don" <DAberna...@MFS.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache Builds on Linux
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2017 17:28:27 GMT
Yes, I did.. in both files and cases, and yet when you start it, it refuses to start.

@Rick, I get the build, and that works for me, I can just build the package with the prefix
being what you noted (Yes topo on the space when I started the e-mail) but like noted, I would
like to make it portable.
I see other vendors do it, like IBM gives IBM HTTP Server, and you can install that to the
home of your choice and it works, so there must be a solution, just think it is beyond my
talent level.

I will build to correct home, but later when I need to move to new version, I will have to
be careful doing the build to not overwrite the current files.

The make build is maybe worth looking into, but not sure I am sure where to start..

Don Abernathy
Group Manager- Web Services
T: 617-954-4127
MFS Investment Management