httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Moskowitz <...@htt-consult.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.4 : Rewrite to keep the original URL
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 01:26:01 GMT
Fabio,

Right now I am not in the position to test this.  Your .conf attempt
looks a LOT like what I tried.

I was told:

Rewriterules and https.  Actually, looking at what you have doesn't
really tell me why it gets applied to everything and not just the
webmail.  However, I'd say that your roundcubemail.conf is much
overworked.  We use something like that on openssl.org, but it
generally looks like this:

     <VirtualHost *:80>
             ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
             ServerName ${HOSTNAME}
             ServerAlias ${HOSTALIASES}

             Redirect permanent /https://${HOSTNAME}/
     </VirtualHost>

Since you already know that the host is correct and that's the port 80
virtualhost, there's no point testing that with those RewriteCond you
have.  Also, Redirect is faster and preferable to RewriteRule for this
kind of stuff, seehttps://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/rewrite/avoid.html

Also, specifically for virtualhost config files, they should be
located in sites-available/ rather than conf.d/, see 'man a2ensite'.
conf.d/ is older style configuration of general stuff...  or well,
that's at least true for Debian, I'm not sure this is specific for
Debian distributions and their derivates or if it's a native Apache
thing.  You'll have to check the manuals to confirm.

I need to check out sites-available directory for Centos7...

But see what this does, and let me know!  I am at the IEEE 802
conference this week, and testing is challenging right now.....