httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marat Khalili <...@rqc.ru>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forward Proxy on behalf of the client instead of as a tunnel
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 03:00:44 GMT
> I spent some time looking at the P option for mod_rewrite but I got the impression that
it would only work in the case of the reverse proxy situation.  I was not able to get it
to work but I wanted to make sure you thought there was potential for that to help with my
forward proxy issue before I spent a lot more time on it.

I think it's a matter of definitions: I'd call it forward proxy already if client decides
what services to connect to, and proxy server is specified on it as, well, proxy. In any case,
it does not matter much how you call it.

In your case you'll need rather simple rewrite rule that changes URLs of all requests from
http to https, with P option, and that's all. It is hard to say more without doing experiments.
--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili