httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Reg : Limiting http connections at Apache 2.4.25
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:58:00 GMT
On Thu, 2017-03-16 at 02:05 +0100, Daniel wrote:
> See about mpm settings/directives such as MaxRequestWorkers, which
> will limit the number of concurrent requests your server can take.

Indeed, but I don't think that's what the OP is looking for in an
apache proxy.  Rather the proxy reply with a "too busy" error page
than not take the connection at all, right?

The proxy balancer would be a place to look: that offers various
ways to determine how much traffic to send to a backend.  If that
doesn't meet your needs, there are several third-party traffic-
limiting modules.

--
Nick Kew