httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chunduru, Krishnachaithanya" <Krishnachaithanya.Chund...@broadridge.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache upgrade on Aix
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 13:50:19 GMT
Hi Eric,

Thanks a lot. Thanks.

Regards,
Krishna

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Covener [mailto:covener@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2017 11:54 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache upgrade on Aix

Some AIX tips for compilation here: https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/AIXPlatform

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 1:20 PM,
<Bharath.C.Kolla@wellsfargo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Krishnachaitanya,
>
> You can set compiler flags before time to set up the build environment. You might also
need coreutils depending on what your build server looks like. Below are some of the options
that come in handy:

> export CC=/usr/vacpp/bin/xlc  --- or wherever you have the compiler
> installed export CXX=/usr/vacpp/bin/xlC
>
> export PATH="/opt/freeware/bin:/usr/vacpp/bin:/usr/vac/bin:$PATH"
> export CXXFLAGS="-xO2"
> export CFLAGS="-xO2"
>
> Notice that you are building an open source product on a AIX server and hence the need
for freeware & coreutils etc..

> GL!!
>
> Bharath Kolla

I compiled python 2.7.10 with gcc on AIX - 7.2 without any issues. So, if you are not sure
of how the old build was built, I would try and make the gcc work on AIX as IBM compilers
are very expensive. It’s the compiler and linker flags that usually differ compared to say,
linux OS.

> Bharath Kolla

the compiler and linker choices that were used to create a build, if they are preserved.

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Chunduru, Krishnachaithanya <Krishnachaithanya.Chunduru@broadridge.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> Actually the setup was done long back with a community version by a colleague who
left the organization.

>> would it be possible to know how it was installed ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Krishna

>>> 2.4.16 or later version. I couldn’t find the proper documentation
>>> for doing this. Thanks.
>>

>> It depends where your old build came from. If you compiled it yourself, compile it
again. If you downloaded a package in lpp or rpm form, hunt for a new one.

>> --
>> Eric Covener
>> covener@gmail.com

>> This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message
is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and
delete the message and any attachments from your system.

>  B KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB    [  X  ܚX
K  K[XZ[   \ \  ][  X  ܚX P       \ X  K ܙ B  ܈ Y  ] [ۘ[    [X[     K[XZ[   \ \  Z [
       \ X  K ܙ B