httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Simultaneous users vs Concurrent users
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 12:36:40 GMT
On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Duong Tuan An <duongtuanan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have spent time to find out what is different between Simultaneous users
> and Concurrent users. However, there are many different results and I'm
> confusing now.

IMO the definitions are not really very crisp/formal/portable. These
two in particular are not ones I'd expect to be contrasted against
eachther, unless they are very carefully defined in a certain context.

Generally I have seen terms like "virtual" or "simulated" users to
describe a very large value that may be idle or not connected at all
to represent the usage pattern. Then almost any other term refers to
users who are actually actively making requests.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com