httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Guidance on Fail Over for Load Balancers
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 23:42:54 GMT
You could set up two HTTPD servers with a shared IP address (using VRRP
with keepalived).
In that case, I highly recommend using a configuration management tool (for
example, puppet or chef) to make sure both systems have the same settings.

If the two load balancers need to share session information (for example,
for visitor pinning) then it gets a bit more complicated.

- Y