httpd-users mailing list archives

From Spork Schivago <sporkschiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to modify the apache instance name in linux
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 18:17:23 GMT
Hello Muduli,

I'm assuming you're talking about Apache 2.4, but it shouldn't really
matter I'd think.

If I understand your question correctly, the default installation directory
for Apache is /usr/local/apache2.    Is that what you want to change?   If
so, you can change that using configure and passing the --prefix=    option
to it, like so:
./configure --prefix=/var/http/domain1.web

I'm thinking this might not be what you're talking about though, because
you use /var/http/abc as an example, not /usr/local/apache2.

Here's a list of the various configuration options.   Maybe there's
something there that will help you:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/programs/configure.html

Thanks!

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Muduli, Chittaranjan <
Chittaranjan.Muduli@diligenta.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Any one knows how to modify the installation path in apache http in lunix.
>

> i.e. to change the installation path from  /var/http/abc to
> /var/http/domain1web
>
> Diligenta Limited (Company No. 5535029) is a subsidiary of Tata Consultancy Services
Limited.  Diligenta Limited is registered in England and Wales, has its registered office
at Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FY and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority.

> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the intended recipient and access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.
Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus (or other defect)
that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility
of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free. No responsibility is accepted by Diligenta
Limited or Tata Consultancy Services Limited for any loss or damage in any way arising from
its use. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Diligenta Limited. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored for operational
or business reasons.