httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Philip Baker <darryl.ba...@northwestern.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Unable to fork new process
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 14:39:59 GMT
My first suggestion remains, is it possible for you upgrade to the Apache httpd 2.4 from the
Red Hat Software Collections? It means adding a new repo to your yum configuration but you
would still have Red Hat support as with the default httpd installation. They even put the
whole tree in /opt/rh so a machine can run both versions so long as each listens on a different
IP. I just did that on some of the environments I deal with without too much difficulty. Most
of my configuration changes dealt with the change in permission syntax.

Darryl Baker
Sr. System Administrator
Northwestern | Information Technology
www.it.northwestern.edu

From: Michele Mase' [mailto:michele.mase@gmail.com]
Sent: January 25, 2017 8:30 AM
To: Httpd Users List <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Unable to fork new process

Ok. Now I try again with a smaller set of modules. Anyone could help me? Should I ask redhat
to solve my problem?
The question is quite simple:
After xx reloads under yy load average in zz time the error will appears "every time".
Any smarter suggestion?
B.R.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com<mailto:covener@gmail.com>>
wrote:
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 5:29 AM, Michele Mase' <michele.mase@gmail.com<mailto:michele.mase@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Any better suggestion? Anyone ever will correct the httpd code?

Not without a more specific/realistic bug report on a recent release,
and even then it's unlikely to show up in the 2.2.15 based server
distributed by redhat.

One PD step would be to reproduce with the smallest possible set of
modules to see if one can be implicated.   Another would be to
actually observe memory usage along the way.