httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTTPD 2.4.25 crash in mod_proxy (ajp)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 22:56:15 GMT
On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 11:38 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
> OK, looking closer at the suggested patch I see it fixes trace2-Loggging.
> When I activate e.g. trace8, I do get the expected crash in
> ap_proxy_check_connection.

Yes, it depends on the LogLevel, and probably also on AP_HAVE_C99
(which avoids ap_log_* args evaluation when the LogLevel doesn't
match).

How is AP_HAVE_C99 defined with msvc (or the compiler used at apachelounge)?
If undefined/zero, it may segfault at any level.

> @Yann: your patch is just to check whether that is the problem? I guess the
> final patch will distinguish between conn->connection being NULL (then using
> your suggested code) or non-NULL (then using the original code). Or would
> you always use your suggested code?

I was thinking about always using the new code, maybe with an "if
APLOGtrace2(s)" around to save a getsockname() call when not needed.

Regards,
Yann.