httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ishan Thakur <ishanthaku...@yahoo.in.INVALID>
Subject [users@httpd] How to restrict Directory access in httpd
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 05:58:31 GMT

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Ishan Thakur <ishanthakur41@yahoo.in>
 To: Httpd <dev@httpd.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, 9 December 2016 11:24 AM
 Subject: How to restrict Directory access in httpd

Hi ,
    I am running apache(2.2.29) static libraries into my application . I want to restrict
access to particular directories from where my application is running. So for example: My
application is  at D:\new_user\<application directories>  and i have some private
files at D:\private_fileThen user if provides path like ../../private_file via web interface
to my web-app , then he is able to access this "private_file" in my server. How can I restrict
it ?? How to restict in a way only D:\new_user\<application directories>\* is accessible
to web-interface?

Thanks ,Ishan