httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Leopold <matth...@leopold.priv.at>
Subject [users@httpd] php-fpm user other than webserver user?
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 18:35:20 GMT
Hi,

I hope this is an appropriate place for my question (also sent it to
CentOS list):

I'd like to know how others handle the setup of Apache httpd and PHP-FPM
when the PHP-FPM user is different from the webserver user. This is the
case in the default configuration of IUS PHP-FPM packages (not in stock
CentOS/RHEL). So I have httpd running as 'apache' and PHP running as
'php-fpm'. I'm aware of special use cases where a configurable PHP user
is a nice feature, but how do i handle filesystem setup for this default
configuration in a pretty and secure way? Do people use it like that or
do they change PHP-FPM user back to 'apache' (like in RH packages)? All
of the setups i tried (eg. using ACLs) don't really look "pretty" and
"robust", something I'd like to have when using "default"
configurations. I hope I'm not thinking too complicated...

Thanks for feedback
matthias