httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dennis Carr <dennistheti...@chez-vrolet.net>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP 403 after upgrade from Debian old-stable
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 00:14:28 GMT
Heya.

On Saturday, I did an upgrade of my server from Debian's previous
stable version to the current stable version.  With this, Apache
updated to 2.4.10.  In the process of that, I have a situation where it
looks like everything immediately off of my web root (/opt/www in this
case) and a Pipermail archive (which comes with a Mailman install) are
returning a HTTP 403.

I've done the following so far:

* checked /var/log/apache/error.log, noted that server configuration is
denying permission

* Verified file system permissions in these directories, nothing has
changed.

* Inspected the configurations; nothing *seems* out of place,
especially in relation to the relevant directories

* ...got stuck and went back to doing my "real" job, since I don't
get paid to troubleshoot my private server :-)

The long and short is that I'm looking to get un-stuck at this point,
and can use a bit of guidance.  A quick and dirty answer as to where to
look would help; failing that, what more information shall I provide?

-Dennis Carr