httpd-users mailing list archives

From bob gailer <bgai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_Substitute - Match the last occurrence of a string in the response
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 17:46:29 GMT
On 11/22/2016 11:50 AM, Mayuresh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I check for the last occurrence of a string in the response
> html and only replace the last occurrence of it?
>
> I want to search for the last "meta" tag in the response and replace
> it with something.
Hi. I am new to Apache, so my questions and answers may not be adequate.

By "response" I assume Apache has received a request and you are dealing
with the response to that request. There may be a "hook" in Apache that
lets you intercept that response and edit it. Someone else will have to
explain how  to handle that.

OR - What is generating the response? (Example: an HTML document, a PHP
page you have written, a Python program, or what)?

Bob