httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Jones <m.jo...@hud.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Whitelisting in mod_evasive
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 12:06:01 GMT
On 02/11/2016, 08:42, "Luca Toscano" <toscano.luca@gmail.com<mailto:toscano.luca@gmail.com>>
wrote:

as side note mod_evasive is a third party module not included in the httpd official release,
so we can try to help but it would be better to follow up with the module's author (even though
if I remember correctly the project is not active at the moment).

OK, many thanks for helping nonetheless

Does the module correctly whitelist the other IPs? Can you try something like:

DOSWhitelist 10.*.*.*
DOSWhitelist 172.22.*.*

OK, so far that seems to be working: not seeing IPs in either of the above ranges being blacklisted.
Many thanks!

—
Matt Jones

University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
[http://marketing.hud.ac.uk/_HOSTED/EmailSig2014/EmailSigFooter.jpg]

This transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail and remove it from your system. If the content of this
e-mail does not relate to the business of the University of Huddersfield, then we do not endorse
it and will accept no liability.