httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roparzh Hemon <roparzhhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache says "It works" but also "Requested URL could not be found"
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 15:08:24 GMT
Thank you Luca, it does help, it even solves ...
I can retrace the steps of my error now :

1) I call my host "lacolshow" and there's localhost in the apache
system, so seeing the two often at close intervals made me once
confuse them and mistype "lacolhost".

2) As I often rely of my browser's autocompletion mechanism, the error
repeated itself without me noticing it.

I wonder though why Apache answers "It works" on "lacolhost.com" but
answers "Server not found" on a random, meaningless URL like
http://www.qrstuqvqwq.com/.
I presume that lacolhost.com is an already existing website that I
cannot view directly.