httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Brooks <jason.bro...@eroi.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How does this configuration work?
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 19:26:44 GMT
Interesting…  I also notice that Apache has forked off a process called /usr/sbin/fcgi-pm.
 But there is no such file…

If I had to guess (educated, I hope), based on the fact that fastcgi.com doesn’t exist anymore,
it appears mod_fastcgi is pretty much deprecated or end of life.

does that seem reasonable?

Jason Brooks	Systems Administrator
eROI	Performance is Art.

m:	505 nw couch #300	w:	eroi.com <http://eroi.com/>
t:	503.290.3105	f:	503.228.4249

fb:	fb.com/eROI <http://www.facebook.com/eROI>

> On Nov 3, 2016, at 12:19 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ​Action+AddHandler tells Apache to send requests for *.php as a parameter to another
URL, /php7-fcgi​
> ​The Alias maps that to an imaginary place in the filesystem, because:
>   mod_fastcgi compares the ​mapped path to its list of ​FastCgiExternalServers and
sends the request to the app on the other end of the socket