httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul <storm...@stormy.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Incoming request rate-limit
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 19:17:19 GMT
A couple of recent threads on "non-apache" mods, so ... recognizing that
mode_evasive is also third party, is there any "pure-apache" way to
rate-limit incoming requests by a specific IP.

mod_evasive has the capability of using e.g.:
     # Allow up to 10 requests from the same IP per second:
     DOSPageInterval 1
     DOSPageCount 10

I have not yet found anything similar in the Apache2 docs, but hope that
someone can point me in the right direction ;=) Or, conversely, has anyone
got *production* experience with mod-evasive (seems to work on a test-box,
but I cannot scale it...)

tnx -- paul