httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Speagle, Andy" <andy.spea...@wichita.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] apache 2.2 - mod_authnz_ldap with SSL/TLS in chrootdir
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 15:24:54 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm having some issues getting SSL or TLS working with mod_authnz_ldap in my chroot'ed Apache
2.2 server on RHEL 6.8 ... it works without SSL just fine.  I'm using the built-in "ChrootDir"
directive with Apache.  I seem to have all of the libraries, binaries and things in the chroot
jail that Apache uses... but, I can't seem to get it to work... and I kinda need to know how
best to troubleshoot this to figure out where the problem lies.

Inside and outside the chroot jail I can use ldapsearch with SSL just fine... so, I know the
system can connect... I'm just getting tripped up on why Apache can't connect.  I get this
very generic error in the logs:

[LDAP: ldap_simple_bind_s() failed][Can't contact LDAP server]

I have the global loglevel set to debug... but, this really isn't giving me much insight into
the mod_authnz_ldap internals.  Can that be turned up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Andy Speagle