httpd-users mailing list archives

From Petr Gajdos <pgaj...@suse.cz>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] failing t/modules/filter.t
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 13:32:13 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 09:58:57AM +0200, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Petr Gajdos <pgajdos@suse.cz> wrote:
> >
> > So if I understand correctly, content of mime.types is hardcoded.
> > Is there another chance than patching either TestConfig.pm or
> > extra.conf.in to contain application/xml .xml definition?
>
> Don't you have a piece of conf that applies to your test and where you can set:
>    AddType application/xml .xml

Thank you, I guess problem resolved.

I run testsuite on buildroot in two modes, with some sort of minimal
configuration file (given by -httpd_conf) and also manually for
debugging without -httpd_conf option at all, which seem to consult
/etc/apache2/httpd.conf to create t/conf/httpd.conf. Neither of them
worked (for different reason from what I did not know until now) which
lead to confusion on my side.

If I get all correctly, in the first case the hardcoded mime.types I
have already mentioned is used. There is no xml assignment so no
wonder. In second case the testsuite detected /etc/apache2/mime.types
inclusion in /etc/apache2/httpd.conf and that file was included in
t/conf/httpd.conf.

But, /etc/apache2/mime.types contains:
application/xml                                  xml xsl
[..]
text/xml                                         xml

According to my testing, the latter map shadowed the first one. When I
switched the order, the test worked.

Because of the hope, that the package I am just creating will be
installable and user will certainly use own mime.types, I would like
not to have a test depend on the order there. So I think that could
help me:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Apache:Test/apache-test/apache-test-application-xml-type.patch

Petr