httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Conditionally LoadModule?
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 17:19:52 GMT
On Tue, 2016-11-15 at 11:00 -0500, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Jack Bates <4ecvsm@nottheoilrig.com> wrote:
> > Just a thought: Would it make sense to evaluate <If> both at startup and
> > during request processing? Like is that a reasonable feature request?
>
> It's reasonable, but it is not so easy, due to some internals about
> how the two kinds of things work.

Nice idea to have two <If> variants that evaluate an expression
using vars available at the time.

>  It would
> also be tricky for users because so many of the variables/functions
> are implicitly request oriented.
>
> I have checked <IfFile> into trunk and will propose it for backport soon.

So IfFile joins IfDefine and the infamous[1] IfModule.  What next?
We can't get rid of them in the lifetime of 2.4, but maybe thereafter
they could come together?

[1] because it gives rise to so much confusion amongst users.

--
Nick Kew