httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Milt Spain" <pbservi...@earthlink.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuration Problem - VHosts on Apache 2.2
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 21:26:43 GMT
I have this Vhost configuration on Apache 2.2 loaded on Windows Server 2012.

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/htdocs
ServerAdmin adm@diversitylink.com
ServerName minorityrecruiter.com
ServerAlias *.minorityrecruiter.com
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/htdocs/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
AllowOverride all
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory "E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/cgi-bin/">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
AllowOverride all
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

The website name entered into a browser will yield a page which contains a link to a cgi program.
When that link is clicked an error message shows stating the file cannot be found on this
server. The path to the cgi program is E:/pinnacle/minorityrecruiter/cgi-bin/testcgi.pl.

I have the same Vhost config ,minus the second <Directory>, on a different machine (Microsoft
Server 2003) with Apache 1.3 and the cgi program functions when called.

I have two questions:

1)Any idea as to why the config works on Apache 1.3 and not on Apache 2.2?

2)Can Apache 1.3 work with MS Server 2012? Any specific changes that have to be made?

I would much prefer to move on with Apache 2.2 but I can't get the configurations to work
and I have to get on with life.

Thanks,

Milt